Thursday, June 01, 2006

Antisocial

Along with some other trends occuring in the blogging community (specially in the teen blogging community), such as procastination, narcissm etc, ANTISOCIAL rose up to the surface as one of the tendencies of the cyber character you could pick up to be cool.

Yes, it was actually cool if you were a procastinator, or if you love yourself so much, that you need to post it in your blog. And recently, I felt very antisocial. For some reason, I couldn't work out some decent conversation with the people that I recently met. It was just hard for me.

In the office there were some new people coming for internship. But I was never suceeded in carrying on any topic.
Hear this :

New intern 1 : Hello... here would you like some chocolate.
Me : ooo.. what's this ? chocolate?
New intern 1 : uh huh..

10 mins later, in another corner of the office.

New intern 1 : Mbak, would you like some chocolate
Me : huh? I have already taken one..
INtern 1 : oh.. sorry...

Conclusion : I could've made some remark to make it clear that I am a unique person, not just some office person. This, I got difficulties with also. Especially in the last 2 weeks.

Sometimes I just think that I am not sensitive enough to have some empathy towards other people. Like what I realised after I worked in the capital city, that my sis said that I was ignorant before. Woah.. It gradually became clearer..

Or even worse, I wonder if I always steered the conversations into discussing myself, aduh.... am i really that self-centered?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home